Teaching Unit for Primary Grades K-3
The development of this unit could come about in various ways:
1. A Tlingit artifact may be presented to class by a child (Show and Tell) or teacher.
2. The legend, "Keet" may be read at storytime.
3. At Thanksgiving time study of Indians and Pilgrims could develop into further learning about Alaska Indians.
4. Alaska Day could encourage interest in Alaska history.
5. Discussion of nationalities could lead into learning about natives of Alaska.
6. Old stories (e.g. fairy tales) could include an old story (legend)
of Alaska about the origin of killerwhales.